Are you ready to take your visual content to the next level?
Look no further than Midjourney — one of the best AI image generator tools out there.
But how do you make the most of this powerful tool?
It all starts with understanding the Midjourney Job ID.
Quick Answer: How to find the Midjourney Job ID
1. Let's go to your Midjourney Gallery by clicking this link here:
2. When you find the image(s) you’re looking for, let’s copy the Job ID from the image (or image grid) by pressing the ‘three dots in a row' icon, ‘Copy', and then ‘Job ID'.
If that doesn't work, we have a few more tips for you below in this article!
What is a Midjourney Job ID?
The Job ID is a unique identifier assigned to each image generated by Midjourney.
Since so many images are created with Midjourney each day, it makes sense that each image has an identifier.
It's basically a unique string of characters that help identify your created images.
It allows you to do things like canceling a Midjourney job that is stuck, finding a Midjourney user, and more! (You will learn more about this below)
But how do you find your Midjourney Job ID?
How to find a Midjourney Job ID (3 options)
Here's how to find the Job ID from an image you created with Midjourney.
We will go over three options below, so you can be sure that you can find the Job ID no matter way:
Option 1: Via the Midjourney Gallery
Let's start with one of the best options; finding the Job ID via the Midjourney Gallery:
- Let's go to your Midjourney Gallery by clicking this link here:
- Then, make sure you're signed in via your Discord account:
- After that, let’s find the image you’re looking for — make sure to press ‘All’ if you’re looking for both Upscales and Grids. (In the left sidebar)
- When you find the image(s) you’re looking for, click on it and copy the Job ID from the image (or image grid):
Option 2: Via the filename or the URL of the image
Here's how to find the Job ID via the filename or the URL of the image:
- Right-click on the image, and press 'Copy image address' (you can also save the image on your computer first, but this is faster) - here's an example of what you can get then:
- It is broken down like this: [Discord Username][Prompt][Job ID][File Extension]
- The Job ID is the string of random numbers and letters. In this example, it's this:
Tip: You can also use this in the public Midjourney Discord channels to find someone's Midjourney Gallery!
Option 3: Using the envelope emoji on the Midjourney Bot's message
Here's how to find a Midjourney Job ID by adding the envelope emoji to a message:
- First of all, do your image generation as normal via the imagine command (if you're not sure how, check out these free Midjourney courses here)
- Then it's time to add the 'Envelope' emoji (✉️) as a reaction (same as adding the ❌ emoji for deleting the image from Midjourney) - here's how in two steps:
- The great thing is after you have used the ✉️ emoji one time, it will show up directly at the top (as you can see in the screenshot above).
- Now you will receive a direct message from the Midjourney Bot; simply click on the 'Direct Messages' button (top right corner), or this link here:
- As you can see in my screenshot above, this message contains the Job ID and the seed.
Keep in mind that you can only use the envelope emoji reaction trick on your own jobs.
This doesn't work on jobs from other users!
How to use the Job ID in Midjourney
Here's what you can do once you know the Midjourney Job ID of an image:
- You can use it to find your created images without scrolling. (Here's how)
- You can use it to find someone else's Midjourney profile. (Here's how)
- You can use it to cancel a Midjourney job that is stuck. (More about that below)
- You can use it to recover a deleted Midjourney message. (More about that below)
- You can showcase your work on different channels in the Midjourney Discord server.
Does the Midjourney Job ID work on all accounts?
No, currently, the Midjourney Job ID only works for your own generated images.
You can't use /show [Job ID] with the Job ID from images generated by other Midjourney users.
How to recover a Midjourney message on Discord
Now that you know what the Job ID is, how to find it, and what you can do it with, you might wonder how to use it to recover a message on Discord.
- Go to the place where you chat with the Midjourney Bot and type in this command: /show
- Paste your Job ID after that; here’s what it will look like:
- Now it will show the original message! (Just don’t forget to press enter for the command to work)
You can then also use this to cancel the Midjourney job.
Also, keep in mind that you can only use this trick with your own Midjourney jobs.
How to start using Midjourney more privately
Now that you know that the Job ID can help other Midjourney users find your Midjourney Gallery, you might be wondering how to use Midjourney more privately.
There are a few great tips that you should know.
If you're interested in learning more, check out our other guide here!
Now you know exactly what the Job ID is and what you can do with it.
I hope that the other tips, like how to use Midjourney more privately, also helped you further.
If you have any other questions, don't forget to leave them in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Midjourney?
Ready to move your Midjourney skills to the next level? Check out the articles below: