Are you an AI enthusiast looking for ways to stay on top of the latest trends and developments in the field?
Then it's time to take your education a step further by following some of the best AI-focused YouTube channels out there.
From industry leaders to experts, there are dozens of incredible resources available to provide you with insight into this trending technology.
In this article, we'll explore the 11 most informative AI-based YouTube channels that will help you learn more about AI for free.
Here's an overview of the top AI-focused YouTube channels that we will go over below:
- Two Minute Papers
- Matt Wolfe
- AI Explained
- Robert Miles AI Safety
- All About AI
- David Shapiro
- Dr Alan D. Thompson
Let's go more in-depth now!
The 11 best YouTube channels to learn more about AI
Are you ready to learn more online for free?
Below you will find the top YouTube channels with a recommendation for each channel which videos to watch first.
They are sorted by the number of subscribers, but they are all worth checking out!
Let's begin with one of the most well-known names in the industry: Two Minute Papers!
What a time to be alive!
He explains the key concepts of tech-related papers (currently, mostly AI-related) in an easy-to-understand way.
The videos are often accompanied by animations and visualizations to help you understand the concepts.
Some videos I suggest watching from Two Minute Papers
- OpenAI DALL-E 2: Top 10 Insane Results!
- OpenAI Plays Hide and Seek…and Breaks The Game! (This a great video to see how far AI has come after that)
- This New AI Makes DeepFakes… For Animation Movies!
2. Matt Wolfe
Next up is the YouTube channel of Matt Wolfe.
He covers a wide range of topics related to AI, no-code, and futurism. He often discusses AI-related news, reviews AI tools and products, and shares his thoughts on the future of technology.
Matt Wolfe is a passionate advocate for AI and believes that it has the potential to change the world for the better.
He's also the creator of Future Tools, a website that helps you find a great AI tool.
Some videos I suggest watching from Matt Wolfe
- Google's New AI Search Engine
- The ChatGPT Playbook of EPIC Prompts
- Install Stable Diffusion Locally (Quick Setup Guide)
Let's continue this list with the YouTube channel of DeepLearning.AI
Here you can find the videos from their free courses on machine learning as well as recorded events.
DeepLearning.AI was founded in 2017 by machine learning and education pioneer Andrew Ng to fill a need for world-class AI education.
Some videos I suggest watching from DeepLearning.AI
- DeepLearning.AI Courses (A playlist with an intro to all their courses)
- Machine Learning Specialization (A playlist with 41 videos)
4. AI Explained
Next up is AI Explained!
He's covering the biggest news of the century: the arrival of smarter-than-human AI.
If you're interested in learning more about AI, I highly recommend checking out this YouTube channel.
It's a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest research and developments in this rapidly evolving field.
Some videos I suggest watching from AI Explained
- ‘Sparks of AGI' – Bombshell GPT-4 Paper: Fully Read w/ 15 Revelations
- GPT 4 Can Improve Itself – (ft. Reflexion, HuggingGPT, Bard Upgrade and much more)
- The Model That Changes Everything: Alpaca Breakthrough (ft. Apple's LLM, BritGPT, Ernie and AlexaTM)
Let's continue with the YouTube channel about Robert Miles, which mainly goes over the AI safety topic.
AI is leaping forward right now, it's only a matter of time before we develop true Artificial General Intelligence, and there are a lot of different ways that this could go badly wrong for us.Robert Miles
Putting aside the science fiction, this channel is about AI Safety research – humanity's best attempt to foresee the problems AI might pose and work out ways to ensure that our AI developments are safe and beneficial.
Some videos I suggest watching from Robert Miles
- We Were Right! Real Inner Misalignment
- Why Does AI Lie, and What Can We Do About It?
- Why Would AI Want to do Bad Things? Instrumental Convergence
Next up is the YouTube channel of Nathan Ang.
He's a computer science graduate from Carnegie Mellon University. He creates videos about computer science, programming, and other tech topics in a fun and informative way.
The main reason to watch his videos is that he can explain hard topics in regular human language:
Just finished watching the video. It was so good. You are able to explain very complicated stuff in regular human terms lol loved it keep it up.
Some videos I suggest watching from Nang
- Unlimited Free Boba with Computer Science
- Making an AI Onlyfans with Computer Science
- Coding On A Quantum Computer Using Parallel Universes
7. All About AI
Let's continue this list with the All About AI YouTube channel.
His goal is to teach you about how you can start to use generative AI to help you with creative or other daily tasks.
Some videos I suggest watching from All About AI
- Midjourney + ChatGPT-4 = Insane Prompts and Images!
- AutoGPT Test and My AI Agents Effortless Programming
- ChatGPT Prompt Engineering: Advanced Data Analysis for Writing
Next up are the videos from AssemblyAI! They cover the latest innovations in AI and how to build AI-powered features.
On this channel, you will find the latest developments in AI, tutorials, and educational videos on Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
Some videos I suggest watching from AssemblyAI
- How does DALL-E 2 actually work?
- Getting Started With Hugging Face in 15 Minutes
- How I would learn Machine Learning (if I could start over)
Let's continue with the YouTube channel of David Shapiro.
In his videos, Shapiro often discusses the potential risks of AI, such as the possibility of an AI takeover or the misuse of AI for harmful purposes.
He also talks about the importance of ensuring that AI is aligned with human values so that it is used for good rather than evil.
Some videos I suggest watching from David Shapiro
- FDA Approves AI Orphan Drug
- “AGI within 18 months” explained with a boatload of papers and projects
- Post-Singularity Predictions – How will our lives, corporations, and nations adapt to AI revolution?
Next up is the YouTube channel of Dr Alan D. Thompson.
Alan D. Thompson is a world expert in artificial intelligence (AI), specializing in the augmentation of human intelligence, and advancing the evolution of ‘integrated AI’.
Alan continues to advise enterprise, government, and international media in the fields of artificial intelligence and human intelligence. (Source)
Some videos I suggest watching from Dr Alan D. Thompson
- Integrated AI: In the olden days
- Midjourney 5.2 → Runway Gen-2 (text-to-image to image-to-video)
- AI + aliveness – with Dr Rupert Sheldrake (sentience, consciousness, awareness, GPT-4, souls)
And last but not least, don't forget to check out the YouTube channel from PromptJungle.
On this channel, you'll find everything you need to know about the newest and most exciting AI tools, including natural language processing, computer vision, machine learning, and more.
Some videos I suggest watching from PromptJungle
- Create a Music Video with AI | Quick Tutorial
- Harry Potter By Balenciaga | Step by Step Tutorial
- Friends and Family Instead of Celebrities | MidJourney Tutorial
Learning more about AI online for free
Ready to learn more about AI-related topics online for free?
Check out our other articles below:
- Best Free DALL-E Courses
- Best Free ChatGPT Courses
- Best Free Midjourney Courses
- Best Free Google Bard Courses
- Best Free Generative AI Courses
- Best Free Stable Diffusion Courses
- Best Free Prompt Engineering Courses
- Best Free AI Art & Image Generation Courses
And for more ways to learn AI-related topics for free, check out our learn for free hub here!
Those were 11 amazing YouTube channels that you can follow in 2023 to learn more about AI-related topics for free.
I hope you now see that there is a lot of information about AI available on the internet for free.
If you have any other great YouTube channels for this list, then don't forget to leave your comment below!
Want to learn more?
Ready to move your AI skills to the next level? Check out the articles below: