Are you loving Midjourney so far but not sure how you feel that everyone can see the images you create? (Including your prompts)
If that's you, this article is for you!
We will go over exactly how to privately message the Midjourney Bot so you can use Midjourney more privately.
Quick Answer: How to DM the Midjourney Bot
1. Go to one of Midjourney's Discord channels, click on the Midjourney Bot profile (by either clicking on its name or the profile picture), and then type something there (and press enter).
2. This will begin your conversation with the Midjourney Bot. Now you can continue using Midjourney the same as before. Simply type /imagine.
Let's go into more depth now for more information about these steps and a few more good-to-know things!
How to direct message the Midjourney Bot on Discord
First of all, if you haven't set up your Midjourney account yet on Discord, check out our guide on how to use Midjourney on Discord.
Here's how to DM the Midjourney bot so you can keep your prompts more private:
- Go to one of Midjourney's Discord channels, click on the Midjourney Bot profile (by either clicking on its name or the profile picture), and then type something there (and press enter):
- This will begin your conversation with the Midjourney Bot. Now you can continue using Midjourney the same as before. Simply type /imagine:
If you're not sure anymore how to find the chat back, you can go to this URL, and there you will find the Midjourney Bot:
And yes, you can also create your own private Discord server and invite the Midjourney Bot to it!
Cannot send messages to this user: How to fix this error
Some of you might get a ‘Cannot Send Messages to this User' error message from the Midjourney Bot when trying to DM it.
Here's what to do:
- Right-click the Midjourney server icon (on Discord).
- Click on 'Privacy Settings'
- And then make sure 'Allow direct messages from members in this server' is on.
- After that, press on 'Done'.
Now try the steps above again to DM the Midjourney Bot; it should work correctly now.
Can everyone see your Midjourney images?
Yes, the images you create with Midjourney are public by default, which means that everyone can see them.
People can visit your profile and see what you have created. This also allows you to view and learn from other creators' prompts.
More tips to use Midjourney more privately
Here are three more great tips to use Midjourney more privately:
- Using your own private Discord server and inviting the Midjourney Bot to it
- Deleting the images after you have created them
- Using Midjourney's official Stealth Mode feature
For more information about these tips, check out our how to use Midjourney privately guide here.
Also, if you want to keep it public and want to, for example, share your Midjourney Gallery with friends, check out this article here.
How to find someone else's Midjourney user profile
Midjourney made every creation via their tool visible to everyone so that you and others can learn from it.
But how do you find a specific user on Midjourney?
What if you saw a few great images on Discord but are unsure how to find the rest of the images that person created?
If you want to learn how to do this, check out our guide to finding someone's Midjourney Gallery here.
As you can see, sending a private message to the Midjourney Bot isn't as hard as you might have thought.
Just don't forget to keep our other how to use Midjourney privately tips in mind!
Also, if you're wondering if you can use Midjourney without Discord, check out this article here.
If you have any questions, don't forget to leave them in the comments below.
Want to learn more about Midjourney?
Ready to move your Midjourney skills to the next level? Check out the articles below: