The time has come!
Whether you’re looking for a change in pace or just want to try something new, it's easy to cancel or pause your Midjourney subscription.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about this!
Quick Answer: How to cancel your Midjourney subscription
1. To cancel your Midjourney subscription, simply go to this URL here: https://www.midjourney.com/account/
2. Then press the ‘Cancel Plan' button, which will show one more ‘Cancel Plan' button; press both.
3. This will show a pop-up; simply press the ‘Confirm Cancellation' button there.
Let's go more in-depth now for more information about these steps and a few more good-to-know things.
Canceling your Midjourney subscription: What to know first
Before you cancel or pause your Midjourney subscription, it's good to know these things here:
- Deleting your Discord account doesn't do anything. First of all, keep in mind that deleting your Discord account doesn't cancel your Midjourney subscription.
- Your plan will be set to cancel at the end of your current subscription period. You can still use Midjourney before that with what's left on your subscription! (Unless you're eligible for a refund)
- Refund eligibility. You are only eligible for a refund if you have less than 20 GPU minutes of lifetime usage or have not used it at all in the billing cycle. (If you have more than 20 minutes of lifetime usage but haven't used Midjourney since your latest renewal, you can request one by emailing email@example.com)
- If you're eligible for a refund, the final message will offer you the option to either cancel immediately or keep the plan for the remainder of the month.
- Your images will be saved. After you cancel your Midjourney subscription, they will still save all your created images. (If you're not sure how to find them, check out this article here)
- Your Midjourney Gallery will be saved. The same goes for your Midjourney Gallery; they won't delete that one. (Here's how to share your Midjoureny Gallery with others)
- If you're second-guessing if you subscribed to the right Midjourney pricing plan for your needs, check out this article.
How to cancel your Midjourney subscription (2 options)
Let's start by going over how to cancel your Midjourney subscription.
If you're wondering how to pause it, we will go over that later in this article!
Option 1: Directly via your Midjourney account
First of all, go to this link here (and make sure that you're signed in):
If you're not signed in yet, then do that first (and then go back to that URL or press the ‘Manage Sub' button in the left sidebar).
After that, click on ‘Cancel Plan', and then one more time on ‘Cancel Plan':
That will show this pop-up; simply press the ‘Confirm Cancellation' button:
Congratulations! You're now unsubscribed from Midjourney.
Option 2: Via Billing & Invoice Details
If, for some reason, you don't see the ‘Cancel Plan' button, you can press the ‘Billing & Invoice Details' button to unsubscribe (on the same page).
This will redirect you to your Stripe billing page, where you can press the ‘Cancel plan' button:
And then press one more time on ‘Cancel plan' to finalize it:
How to pause your Midjourney subscription
What if you don't want to cancel your subscription yet, but want to come back in, for example, a month?
If that's you, this tip is for you!
Although Midjourney doesn't have an official ‘pause subscription' feature, your account won't be removed when you cancel your plan.
And even better, your created images will stay ready for you to resubscribe at any point!
And just to remind you, as you read above, if you cancel your Midjourney plan, you can still use it until the end of your current subscription period!
Once you're ready to use Midjourney again, simply go back to this URL and subscribe to one of the paid Midjourney plans again:
Error: subscription already active for user…
Some of you might get an ‘Error: subscription already active for user…' pop-up when trying to subscribe again — usually with an error message like this:
Your subscription is paused! This is usually caused by a payment failing to process. Please check your billing information on the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance
Here's what to do:
- The main thing is to check the email associated with your Midjourney account.
- Check if you can find an email about the successful payment.
- There is a link inside; click it.
- Renew your credit card, and done! (Credits to the Reddit user Successful-Big-4248)
If you can't find an email about a successful payment, then don't forget to look for an email saying that your billing was unsuccessful.
In that email, you will find a link that allows you to update your billing info directly!
How to cancel a Midjourney Magazine subscription
What if you subscribed to the Midjourney Magazine and want to cancel that subscription?
Here's what to do:
- If you want to cancel, you should use this page here on Stripe.
- If you want a refund, fill in this Magazine Subscription refunds/cancellation request form.
If you are not able to resolve it through the magazine subscription portal, you can send an email to email@example.com.
FAQs about canceling a Midjourney subscription
Before we close off this article, let’s quickly go over a few key questions that people have when they want to stop using Midjourney.
Who knows, maybe this will answer one of the questions you had as well!
No, the Midjourney subscription plan cannot currently be shared with other people. Their pricing plans are designed for individual use only. It's one Midjourney account for one person. (More information in our other article here)
Can you use Midjourney for free?
Although you can join the Midjourney Discord channel for free — to see what others generated with this AI tool, Midjourney is not free. (More information here)
What are the free alternatives to Midjourney?
Three of the best free alternatives to Midjourney are Stable Diffusion, Adobe Firefly, and Leonardo AI. For more free alternatives, check out our other article here!
Now you know exactly how to cancel or pause your Midjourney subscription.
I hope that the other tips, like if you can share your subscription, also helped you further.
If you have any other questions, don't forget to leave them in the comments below!
Want to learn more about Midjourney?
Ready to move your Midjourney skills to the next level? Check out the articles below: